POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Area Lights : Area Lights Server Time
7 Aug 2024 15:14:15 EDT (-0400)
  Area Lights
From: Ben Chambers
Date: 21 Aug 2001 23:48:38
Message: <3b832b96@news.povray.org>
After some experimentation, it seems to me that area lights are centered at
their location, which is not what I had understood previously.  From the
documentation, I had understood that area lights had a corner at their
location, with the sides of the rectangle going off in the given axes;
however, from experimentation it seems that the location of the light is the
center of the rectangle.

Is this correct and, if so, do the docs say so? (I never saw anything like
that in the docs, and checked to see if I had missed it but didn't find
anything...)

...Chambers